Super Simple Savings: Learn How to Save Money | Workshop-Webinar
Have you ever asked yourself “where did all of my money go?” Or “how can my friends and colleagues have everything and yet I’m struggling to live paycheque to paycheque?” It’s difficult to find money to put aside let alone keeping it safe from temptations like shoes or golf clubs. However savings is the key to weathering life’s storms as well as having what you want.
In our free Super Simple Savings workshop / webinar, we take the mystery out of savings, and you'll learn how to save money. Join us to learn how to:
- Identify what’s in it for you to save your money;
- Differentiate between short, medium and long term savings;
- Identify your irregular expenses (e.g. car maintenance, pets, holidays, birthdays, etc.);
- Create an easy-to-implement plan on how to save for irregular expenses without relying on credit;
- Plan for emergencies so that they become an inconvenience and not a devastating blow to your budget;
- Create short term savings with 5 different methods;
- Understand for short term savings, the differences between coins in a jar, money in a mattress, savings accounts, and Guaranteed Income Certificates;
- Understand for medium and long term savings, the differences between a Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA), a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), stocks, and bonds;
- Create SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timed) goals;
- Implement some easy savings tips like paying yourself first, track expenses, and setting intentions and goals; and
- Build $1,378 of savings in 1 year just by starting with $1 in a savings account.
This webinar is 1 hour long. It’s interactive, informative, and completely free for anyone in Canada to attend. We take the “grab and go” approach – grab an idea or two and go try it. All participants will walk away with ideas, resources and the full curriculum upon request.
Available Webinars - A Free Public Educational Service for Canadians
Learn more about our Super Simple Savings webinar (online workshop) or see when the next webinars are happening (the link will take you to our sister site). You can also check out the more than two dozen other webinars we offer (the link will take you to our sister site).
Related - More About Learning How to Save Money
If you can't wait for the webinar to begin, here are some related resources that you might find helpful in the meantime:
- Tips, Advice, & Strategies for How to Save Money
- How to Save for Your Own Home - Step by Step
- 9 Places to Find Money to Save
- 7 Ways to Save Thousands of Dollars