Ending the Financial Feud - Couples and Money | How to Resolve Relationship & Marriage Money Problems & Issues
Online Workshop & Webinar
Love and relationships can bring us tremendous joy in our lives. However, combining love and money adds a layer of complication that most of don’t expect when we fall in love. In fact, the frequency of money-related fights in a marriage or relationship is one of the biggest predictors of divorce.
Does it seem like you and your spouse / partner are constantly fighting about money and financial problems? Do you find it hard to even get onto the same page with your finances without it turning into a fight? The good news is there’s hope! Your spouse / partner isn’t trying to make your life difficult financially and create issues; they’re just different than you. In the Ending the Financial Feud workshop / webinar, you and your person will learn how to:
- Identify your money histories – more specifically, how money was handled in each of your households;
- Recognize the money messages you heard growing up and how those shaped your perceptions of money;
- Identify your own relationship to money;
- Name your money values and how these guide our spending;
- Identify your money triggers (what makes you feel angry) and learn how to communicate this with your person;
- Set goals as a couple and understand why and how the goals meet each partner’s values and needs;
- Decide who has the desire, skill, and ability to create and implement a household money management plan in your marriage or relationship (e.g. budgeting, savings, planning for the future, etc.);
- Identify the 3 ways couples can handle their money to prevent issues (everything together, everything separate, or a hybrid version);
- Consider if this is a second time around relationship and the things to think about to ensure success and avoid problems;
- Implement various financial systems to make life easier, and
- Create a financial agreement where no “thing” is more important than the relationship.
This webinar is free. It’s 1 hour long, interactive, and even fun! We take a “grab and go” approach – grab an idea or two and go try it. All participants will walk away with ideas, resources and the full curriculum upon request.
Available Webinars - Free Public Service for Canadians
Learn more about our Relationships (Couples) and Money - Ending the Financial Feud webinar (online workshop) or see when the next webinars are happening (the link will take you to our sister site). You can also check out the more than two dozen other webinars we offer (the link will take you to our sister site).
Related - More Help with Couples & Money Marriage & Relationship Problems
If you can't wait for the webinar to begin, here are some related resources that you might find useful in the meantime:
- 4 Reasons Why Couples Argue About Money
- How to Organize Bank Accounts and End Money Fights with Your Spouse
- How to Start Talking with Your Spouse About Money