Food and Finances | Online Workshop-Webinar
Two of the biggest New Year’s resolutions are to be better with our health and our money. This can be challenging as we’re taxed for time and energy with our busy work days and family time. However, finding ways to save time and money with our food budget can ice two cakes with one spoon!
Learn How to Save Money on Food, How to Create a Meal Plan, & Much More
Join us for our Food and Finances online workshop / webinar to learn some valuable information and easy-to-implement steps. In the session, you will learn about:
- The benefits of healthy eating and healthy finances;
- The various factors that impact your food budget (e.g. size of family, products we buy, stores we shop at, health requirements, etc.);
- Tracking your food budget so you exactly what you’re spending on a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis, instead of what you believe you’re spending;
- Creating a meal plan which can save you time and money;
- Various tips on how to save money on your groceries;
- Various ways to make meal preparation easier and less time consuming;
- Ways to save money through sales, coupons, and bulk buying;
- How expensive convenience meals can be and how you can save money;
- The slow cooker miracle – ingredients in 1 pot that cook throughout the day equals a delicious meal, less dishes afterwards, and hopefully leftovers!
- Various websites with low cost recipes; and
- Smart phone apps that can help you save money.
This session can help you get organized with your meal planning, shopping and cooking which saves you time and money while nourishing you and your family with healthy meals.
The webinar is 1 hour, interactive and even fun! We take a “grab and go” approach – grab an idea or two and go try it. All participants will walk away with ideas, resources and the full curriculum upon request.
Available Webinars - A Free Public Educational Service for Canadians
In the window below you can see the Food and Finance webinars that are coming up. Scroll down using the arrows on the right side of the window box to see more, or you can click here to see them on our webinar schedule page.