Irregular Income Planning | Workshop-Webinar
Irregular income can come in many different forms including self-employment, contracting, casual work/hours, fluctuating hours, commissions, tips, and even bonuses. One of the major challenges with irregular income planning is not being able to predict income which makes budgeting very difficult.
It is very easy to get caught in a cycle of relying on credit to supplement lean months which can lead into a downward spiral of credit and debt. It also requires discipline to not overspend when the income is high.
The good news is that there are 3 different systems that you can try to help you manage irregular income so that you feel as though you’re in control and still have money for fun things. In the Irregular Income workshop/webinar, you will learn how to:
- Determine which system will work for you;
- Average your income and create a manageable household budget if you have been self-employed for over three years;
- Create a holding account system so that you can weather the up’s and down’s of irregular income;
- Create a good month budget and lean month budget;
- Put money aside for taxes (if applicable);
- Track your expenses so you know exactly where your money is going;
- Plan and pay for irregular expenses like car maintenance, clothing and shoes, and pet bills even though your income fluctuates;
- Create a paycheque plan to cover your fixed, cash/variable and savings expenses; and
- Build your savings so that you can manage through the irregularity of your income.
This free webinar is 1 hour and builds upon participants’ experiences with irregular income planning. You’ll be able to share your ideas and learn from others. We take a “grab and go” approach – grad an idea or two and go try it. All participants will walk away with ideas, resources and the full curriculum upon request.
Available Webinars - Free Public Service for Canadians
In the window below you can see the webinars that are coming up. Scroll down using the arrows on the right side of the window box to see more, or you can click here to see them on our webinar schedule page.
Related - More Help with Irregular Income Planning
If you can't wait for the webinar to begin, here are some related resources that you might find useful in the meantime:
- 7 Steps to Build a Budget That Works
- How to Manage Fluctuating Income
- One Thing Guaranteed to Make Your Budget Work (well, almost)